The benefits of having artificial grass on the Sunshine Coast are numerous and varied, but one of the best advantages is the limited requirement for extensive upkeep compared to natural grass and lawns. However, proper maintenance and care are essential to ensure the longevity of your grass for both wear and aesthetic purposes.
Our team at All Surface Concepts will be happy to give you more personalised guidance on your synthetic grass installation, and to make sure that you are well prepared, we have compiled this handy guide on taking care of your artificial lawn.
Maintenance And Care For Your Artificial Grass
The best looking lawns are the ones that are well maintained: this is true for all lawn types. Luckily, your synthetic grass surfaces need a lot less intense care and time! Here are the best ways to make sure that your lawn is kept in the best of shape:
- Make sure that any foreign objects are removed as soon as possible. This counts for animal waste, leaves, twigs and debris, as well as any other potentially damaging or unsightly items (litter, sharp objects, etc.).
- Give your lawn a light cleaning by using a leaf blower, plastic rake or stiff brush to remove leaves gently while also retaining the shape of your lawn. Remember to brush against the grain or in the opposite direction to the artificial fibres.
- If you have pets, you will want to ensure that you use a hose to rinse away any urine lightly. We are also able to provide you with an odour neutralising infill.
- Treat any spills or potential stains as soon as they happen! Soak up liquids with a soft cloth and remove any broken glass or solids immediately. You may want to wash down the area gently with a small amount of washing up liquid and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Ensure that you maintain the edges and any potential weeds that may break through. Although uncommon, the weeds could deteriorate and damage your lawn if left untreated.
Live Your Best Lawn!
All Surface Concepts has been creating customised solutions for their clients for over 20 years. We are a proudly Australian company, owned and operated, and we take immense pride in our work. If you would like to find out more, feel free to contact us by calling 0434 079 949 or using our online platform. We look forward to hearing from you soon!